The Project Checklist is a list of actionable items you can use to make sure you're all ready to go on launch day and that the Project is super successful for your cause. That might have been the longest sentence ever.
○ Has at least 5 compelling pictures that illustrates your cause.
○ Contains a video to help further demonstrate your mission.
○ The Story section of your page contains text about the Project, your mission, what every donation means to your cause, what all money raised and won will go towards.
○ Make sure you have at least 5 fundraisers on your page. Remember, a $25 donor is great, but a $250 fundraiser is a game changer.
○ Email every board member separately to encourage them to become fundraisers.
○ Email your staff to encourage them to become fundraisers.
○ Email your supporters to encourage them to become fundraisers for the Project.
○ Do you have an email ready to go for your fundraisers to get them ready to go on launch and throughout the Project?
○ Create your own donor incentives. Maybe you have t-shirts (like these!) you can give away to the five people who donate the most during a particular week or a day off to a staff member who raised the most money.
○ Get an email ready for launch day to send to your list of supporters.
○ Check out the Email Drafts section of the toolkit for lots of drafts you can customize and get ready to send before and during the Project.
○ Make sure the Toolkit is bookmarked so it's always easy to reference.
○ Share the Toolkit with your staff and anyone else who needs to be on the same page.
○ Have an email list created and ready to go full of good solid donor contacts including board members.
○ Make sure you know which days you are going to be sending email communications. Utilize the calendar in the Toolkit to get ahead of the game.
○ Get ready to use Social Media to further your project messaging. Use our customizable social media posts to get started and make sure someone on your staff is ready to post content, point out big donations, create momentum by giving a countdown of days left, etc.
○ Come up with incentives you can use to engage donors and fundraisers and talk about them in emails, on social media, your fundraising page and in your campaign updates. An example would be ‘Donate at least $50 to our cause today and we’ll send you a [YOUR ORGANIZATION] t-shirt.'
Contact Us if you have any questions and we can help.
Click Here to download a printable checklist